1. “Always be fuckable: when standing in line at the bakery on a Sunday morning, buying champagne in the middle of the night, or even picking up the kids from school. You never know.”
2. “Be aware of your qualities and your faults. Cultivate them in private, but don’t obsess.”
3. “Au naturel is the fruit of hard labor, meticulously passed down from generation to generation.”
4. “Like Coco Chanel, do your utmost to avoid dinners with more than six guests around the table. In Paris, an evening often starts with a bottle of champagne, served with ice. If possible, get the conversation flowing with a controversial political statement […] While your guests are savoring your chicken, redirect the conversation to a Parisian’s second favorite dinner topic: sex.”
5. “Even if the Parisian can come across as a little nonchalant, she nevertheless respects the universal principles of femininity: well-cared-for hands and feet.”
6. “Parisian women never try to appear to be something other than what they are. In truth, more than wanting to look young—which is but a fleeting illusion—they want above all to become the best possible version of themselves, outside and in, at any age.”
7. “The secret to making a man know you need him: Of course you can open a bottle of wine by yourself. But let him do it. That’s equality, too.”
8. “Don’t use abbreviations when texting. (And emoticons should be only for your girlfriends.)”
9. “Take time to take time, because nobody else will do it for you.”
- Caroline de Maigret
VALLEY UPRISING — Official Trailer
VALLEY UPRISING is the much-anticipated documentary from Sender Films about the epic history of climbing in Yosemite National Park and the counterculture roots of outdoor sports.
Narrated by Peter Sarsgaard, the film features digitally-animated archival photography, spectacular climbing footage and interviews with Yosemite greats — from pioneers like Yvon Chouinard, Royal Robbins, Lynn Hill and John Long to cutting edge modern athletes like Dean Potter and Alex Honnold. Valley Uprising tells the story of the bold men and women who broke with convention and redefined the limits of human possibility in America’s legendary national park.
Walking Past Moorish Archways, Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque, Abu Dhabi, UAE
© Doug Hickok All Rights Reserved